Neville Ward is based in
Maidenhead, Berkshire providing services as a Portable Appliance Tester (PAT Tester).
We are Event Managers who repair, install and PAT test all AV and event equipment
We have been testing AV equipment for many years. Our PAT testing was mainly for managing our internal customers and our inventory.
So we understand DJ, AV, Live Music gear, where it is fragile and how to properly test it.
In 2020/21 we invested in the latest PAT testing equipment along with cloud based inventory and PAT testing management. We also formally updated our training and qualifications to support the latest IET guidelines.
We have extended those guidelines to offer a full testing service to all the equipment and cables and equipment necessary to provide a faultless service to your customers.
In addition to the PAT testing that is "mandated" by the code of practice we can also test and repair:
- HV speaker cables (for passive speakers)
- audio cables
- signal cables (DMX, LAN, USB, MIDI etc)
- low voltage equipment that falls outside of PAT testing but is critical for you to provide service
- other AV equipment
We include a schedule that is in line with the current HSE and PAT testing guidelines so you do not over test, wasting time and money.
You will get from us:
- Your PAT testing certificate (v5 IET code of practice compliant)
- All items tested coded and unique printed pass (or fail) labels placed on all equipment and appropriate cables
- All fuses, plugs and sockets properly checked and replaced as necessary
- A full, itemised inventory of the test results, including photos of high value equipment
- Notes on the testing specific to your equipment along with advice and guidance as necessary
- Printed documents
- This will also be online for you to download or to share the link with your customers, venues etc
In these days of necessary collaboration you will also get a colleague business who can support you with events by providing backup equipment, supporting events that are of a different scale to from what you normal cater and will pass you "gigs"